Food & Beverage Technician
Established in May 2009, right in the middle of the ‘Credit Crunch’ an opportunity arose to start the first Tillybods. We felt that there were so many sandwich bars and cafe’s where staff don’t say hello or even smile and the sandwiches are of poor quality. We wanted breakfast and lunch options that tasted great and were healthy! All our meat is home cooked and other sandwich fillings are made fresh on site by our friendly staff. Our cakes are homemade and our coffee is fresh.
We are looking for a Food & Beverage Technician your major job role will involve greeting and serving customers, making hot & cold beverages & preparing hot & cold food. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items & specials book and explains them to the customer accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Brews coffee & prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in coffee & sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Tillybods Operations Manual.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Tillybods Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
Key Skills / Experience:
- High school or equivalent.
Experience & Skills:
- Good communication skills & Being able to connect naturally with people.
- Working as part of a team.
- Ability to achieve sales targets.
- Ability to follow Company policy and procedures.
- Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
- Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires some cooking, bending, standing, and walking the entire workday.